Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Favourite Sweetie

I had SO much fun making this card today! I got to combine three amazing challenges and use lots of techniques/supplies. Here's some of the details:

The first challenge is one of the Dare to get Dirty challenges for fan club members at SCS. The challenge was to use ribbon as a jumping off point for your card. I chose this candy pink striped ribbon, and used it as inspiration not only for my colour scheme (candy colours) but also the yummy stamps I chose!

The second challenge was another for Dare to get Dirty - to use vellum. I used a piece of vellum card stock to soften the background paper. I always forget to use vellum, it was great to pull some out today.

The third challenge was the MFT Sketch challenge #40 in the MFT forum. I love this sketch, it gave me the chance to play with lots of layers.

I used tons of My Favorite Things products on this one, a couple of stamp sets, pearlescent watercolours, a pretties flower and some brilliance ink I bought from there.

The sundae image was coloured a few diff ways. I used White Opal liquid pearls on the glass, it gives a shiny finish with a bit of texture, really does look like glass. The rest of the image was coloured with Stampin' Up! markers, then I overlayed sparkle using my pearlescent watercolours for the first time.

I couldn't find a background paper I wanted to use, so made my own! I stamped the ice cream then masked it off and stamped the cones. Coloured with markers and dotted between the images with the small end of a Bashful Blue marker. The pretties flower was originally white, I coloured that with a marker too.

I love how this turned out, I'm sending this to my sister - I always call her sweetie when I text her for some reason, so it's perfect!



Stampin Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Here's the Scoop, What's up Cupcake?
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, Basic Gray.
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Barely Banana, Regal Rose, Bashful Blue.
Paper: Summer Picnic.
Punches: Word Window, 1/16" Handheld.
Accessories: Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Pretties Flower, White Opal Liquid Pearls, Pearlescent Watercolours, Unknown Ribbon, White Gel Pen, SU! Markers, Soft Subtles Brads, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive.
Stamps by My Favorite Things. Some supplies available from Stampin' Up!

No comments: