Saturday, September 20, 2008

So Thankful

I woke up nice and early this morning (8:30am is early on a Saturday!) and jumped right out of bed, because I knew I had the photos of the card I made yesterday morning all set and ready to go. So....here it is!
Can I just be not humble for a second and say.....I love this card! It's really outside of my comfort zone colour wise. I guess it's not THAT out there - but I think I usually tend towards using softer colours together. That said, I just scrolled back through my posts recently...and Verve must inspire me, most of my Verve cards are brighter than my usual work!

The sketch is from Julee's Mojo Monday 53. I've missed the last few weeks, so have a couple to catch up on (which is cool - it's nice to know they are there when I need a creative push!)

The papers are from the Basic Grey Sultry pack - as are the brads. Loooooooove this paper! The top piece is from Stampin' Up! in the Spring Break pack. It was fun to finally use some of the goodies I bought awhile ago, the paper, brads, Primas and Glimmermist (on the Primas) have all been sitting neglected!

All the stamps are by Verve. I used a mix of older, newer and newest sets on this one! I think that's why I love Verve so much, everything mixes and matches so well. Chloe had a question about Verve shipping to NZ - and I'm happy to report it's a really good deal Chloe! It's only $13 US for a flat rate priority envelope (you can fit lots of sets in the envie) and I usually get my order a week after it's posted (can I just say, that I've ordered from somewhere in NZ the day after a Verve order...and got my Verve order first - so it's not a long wait at all!) They now have online shopping for lots of countries including NZ too - love it!

I used a gorgeous Verve sentiment on the inside of this card too, so thought I'd show you - even if the Chocolate Chip has photographed black!

I also wanted to share one of the things I was so grateful for this week....this RAK from Mrs Frizz!

Aren't they prettttttty? She was so sweet to send me some Primas - I think she might be the queen of Primas! Mrs Frizz is also the queen of Basic Grey right now, head on over to see her gorgeous layout that made the Basic Grey gallery yesterday! Wooohooo!

Now, I'm obviously a bit head over heels for Primas at the moment. I bought my first pack, received a RAK and did a share with Kelly and Beverley all in the same week pretty much.....and I think Google Reader knows it!!! Here's the link that it recommended me yesterday....http://prima.typepad.com/prima/2008/09/the-sidewalk--1.html Primas! in kit form! on THE day Janine and I start our SOS challenge! Cruel right? I thought so!

Although I might be going mad all ready (I think Janine might blog on this lol) I have so far refrained from purchasing anything! I seem to be doing more window shopping than usual though...I guess the unavailable is always sweeter!

Have a wonderful weekend,


Stampin Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Beautiful You, Fluttering By and So Happy by Verve
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Card stock: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Paper: Sultry by Basic Grey, Spring Break by SU!
Punches: Photo Corner punch
Accessories: Silver Bells Glimmermist, Essentials 4 Primas, Sultry Brads, Chocolate Chip Satin ribbon, Circle and Square Nestabilities, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive.
Stamps by Verve. Some supplies available from Stampin' Up!

6 comments:

Sherri said...

It's absolutely GORGEOUS!! I so love your style!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is STUNNING, Sarah!!! I love it!

chloe said...

This is fabulous! I love the DP and especially the stamped insert!!
Thanks so much for posting the shipping rates: so good to know; thought I would have to spend hundreds and hundreds to make it worth my while.. thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

So now I know what you mean, thats a stunner of a card and those sentiments are very nice on there.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just gorgeous, Sarah! Love the fresh colors and the layered Primas. That's quite a link Google recommended you! I have more primas than I could ever use in a liftime, but I keep buying more! Once you start, you just can't stop. LOL

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Sarah, this is so bright and beautiful! Love your flowers and the paper choices are perfect! the combination of sentiments inside and out really make this a fabulous card!