Friday, September 26, 2008

Blushing Gift Ensemble

This project originally started last night as a card. This project also originally started as my entry for Laura's Diva Challenge...to use tags. Obviously it became more than a card, and as a result, I missed the deadline! Not to worry, I used natural fibers - there's still time for the Verve September Project Parade!
I'm really happy with how this turned out. It's kinda shabby chic dontcha think? I love, love, love shabby chic....but the planets have to be aligned right for me to pull it off! Inside the box (designed by Heather Summers) is a jumbo paperclip bookmark and a covered post-it note pad. I would love to include a pen, but need to find a good source for RSVP pens in New Zealand!
I started with the paper - Admire from the Basic Grey Blush range. It's too gorgeous....but what on earth to pair it with? Ruby Red and Sage Shadow worked really well.....even if the Ruby Red has photographed a little orange!
I used lots of Verve sets while making this. Abundant Blessings for the silhouette image, Fairy Tales for the background swirls stamped in Versamark and the sentiment on the post-it and So Happy for the sentiment on the box.
All sponging was Close to Cocoa. I used my threading water punch....a lot! I knew I'd love that thing! Best of all, I still have more than half the sheet of paper left...yippee!

Off to check emails, I slept in and am so slack this morning!



Stampin Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Fairy Tales, Abundant Blessings and So Happy by Verve.
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Brilliance Graphite Black, Versamark
Card stock: Ruby Red, Sage Shadow
Paper: Admire - Blush by Basic Grey
Punches: Small and Large Tag punches, Scalloped Circle, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle Punches, Threading Water punch.
Accessories: Primas, Kaisercraft pearls in Blush, Oval Nestabilities, Sponge Daubers, Hemp, Cutter Kit, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive.
Some supplies available from Stampin' Up!

5 comments:

Melita said...

Love love love this! Blush is my Fave BG line! Lush - TFS!

Anonymous said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning! Of course I say that about all your stuff but I'll say it again ... stunning!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I just love the Ruby Red and sage with the feminine looking Blush papers. Beautiful work, Sarah!

Anonymous said...

This is just awesome Sarah - just found your blog!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous little creation - Sarah!!! The colors are beautiful!!!

I think I subscribed to your other site...I missed all these fab projects you have posted...now I'm on the right track...LOL!!!

Hope you are doing well???
Hugs ~S~