Friday, August 29, 2008

You're Fantastic Verve!

There's two things I just loooooove about Verve - first, the stamps...duh! Second, they have THE best challenges! This card incorporates three Verve challenges, Julee's Mojo Monday sketch, the August Project Parade challenge and Michelle's Meet the Diva Challenge!
Once again, Julee's sketch rocked - congrats on your 50th sketch Julee!

The August Project Parade challenge was to use Pink and Brown....you have to pop over to the site to see the yummy inspiration piece - it just screamed "use Cupcake Affair" to me!

Michelle's fun challenge was to use supplies we haven't touched in awhile. I used my new Fairy tales set - first time I've got it inky. I also used the Two Scoops paper I've been hoarding and 16 - yup 16 of the rhinestones I love to have in my stash! Lastly, I used some of my precious narrow Chocolate Chip Grosgrain - I can't believe this stuff retired!

After stamping the cupcake bottom, I turned it over on my foam mat and embossed stripes with my embossing tool - in real life it has a really cool texture and dimension. There are Cotton Candy Stickles on the popped up flowers. The Blush Blossom cardstock was sponged with Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip - feeling hungry yet?!?

Have a great weekend!



Stampin Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Cupcake Affair, Fairy Tales
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Card stock: Blush Blossom, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White
Paper: Two Scoops by Basic Grey
Punches: 1/4" Circle Punch, Small and Large Oval punches, Photo Corner Punch
Accessories: Kaisercraft Rhinestones, Circle Nestablilities, Narrow Choc Chip Grosgrain, Sponge Daubers, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive.
Stamps by Verve. Some supplies available from Stampin' Up!

4 comments:

Conni said...

wow, looks good, i think i ned this set too
C

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a swirly, gorgeous creation, Sarah! Love the 2 scoops paper and the yummy shading. Looks good enough to eat! Funny about the choc. chip grosgrain. I actually have 4 rolls that I bought when it retired and have been hoarding it like spun gold over the past year. I was so happy when it got picked back up in the new catalog this fall. All is well with the world now! LOL :)

KiwiMich said...

That card is gorgeous! Love the colour combo again! You are very clever indeed! :)

Shirley said...

Sarah, your card is just plain delicious, oh and gorgeous too!